November 22, 2014

What I've Been Up To

Sadly you've not heard much from me every since....well life bringing huge changes and extreme business. But I do think of you and my little blog often. I want and need to blog about my everyday...the little things that make my life and this blog unique.

So in short....what have I been up too?

I am trying to embrace the cold months coming....we have more cold than warm in Germany....not so nice but I do enjoy cozy moments at home and Christmas coming. I have started wearing my new boots just about every day since I am a cold blooded person and always freezing......and I seem to have a hard time going to bed without my cup of tea. Some days feel like I've been running around "doing" something....and tea symbolizes time and relaxation for me.

Teaching my fourteen first graders is fun and different every single day. I have some students that are having an easy time learning....others are struggling....one autistic child needing special help and one adhd child seeming to be everywhere except on the task to do.  Some talk way to much...another needs to be reminded to speak up. They love singing and learning new songs. Their favorite is the song we learned in English...the rainbow song.

At home I am turning my little town apartment into a cozy area I call my home. I am cooking...just about every single day.... some days I enjoy being creative and trying a new recipe....other days I am freaking out because there is SO MUCH to do....and pizza it is. The life a working newly married girl trying to find the balance.

I am happy....I am enjoying every single day....I love my weekends....and I am still dreaming....I always dream and always have 100 plans I want to work on...

So that's been what I've been up too.

You? I would love to hear from you guys!




7 comments:

  1. Great to read what you've been up to, Iris! I'm always freezing too, so I have a hard time embracing the winter months as well! I love the pictures of your apartment that you've shared so far - it looks very homey and inviting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your updates. You are making a wonderful home in your new apartment and are so busy with your students. You must remember to have some "me time" each day to unwind and relax.

    We had our first frost here in the UK today and I have started to wear my trousers (sorry pants) again. It is a year ago I wore pants for the first time - time flies by!

    Take care

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pinterest and crafting is my "me time".....but I am looking forward to Christmas break.
      ....and I've been wearing trousers around home too sometimes. ☺

      Delete
    2. Wow! - Iris in trousers!!

      You just have to post a photo sometime soon

      Delete
  3. Neat! How about Patrick? Was he able to get a work permit and a job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paperwork is rediculous....I'll have to share the story on the blog sometime....Let's just say we weren't "legally married" here in Germany till 2 weeks ago.....If we only knew then what we know now.....But right now the visa is in the process.

      Delete

I love hearing from you, dear reader! ♥ Tell me your thoughts, opinions, or anything else you want to say. I promise....I'll respond!

Please make sure you are not a NO-REPLY COMMENTER and have hooked up your email address to your account. Or come back to see my answer!